Thursday, September 3, 2009

DESSERT

Actually inspired by a peanut-butter pie which is so rich!

DESSERT

Stomach rumbles in anticipation
I wait patiently till I can have some
Mouth watering, stomach aching
Is it time?
I slowly cut through
Respecting the delicious concoction
Feeling the knife reach the bottom and slide
Pause for a second
Gently move the fork under the piece
Carefully lifting it out of the pan onto the dish
I press the side of the fork into the creamy smoothness
Bring it to my mouth
Yet another pause
I close my eyes
Then...
Flavor explodes
So rich as it fills my mouth
I savor every last moment
I hold it in my mouth
Every taste bud is borough to life
Slowly it melts away
I take another piece and do the same
Only small bites
I must make it last

June 3, 2002

1 comment:

Jojo said...

I love how this poem is so detailed and in the moment.

I have a food poem to share as well

The 6th Element: Chocolate
JoAnne Bemis/ 2009

Chocolate smoothly caresses the inside of my mouth.
An endorphin spell has been cast on all my 5 senses.

I taste peace as if all the world stopped to meditate.
Timelessness dissolves me as I see with chocolate eyes.

I transcend to the Nirvana of the culinary experience.
Buddha would have been proud.

I swallow the brown fairies buzzing in my mouth.
Chaos slowly resumes.