So I have been told I should write these things down. Figured here is as good a place as any. I will add to and update this as needed.
-Never expect more out of people than they regularly give and you will be much less likely to be disappointing when they prove again that they are who they are. And you might be pleasantly suprised when they do act out of character.
If someone is a jerk and has always been a jerk and you hope beyond hope that they will not be a jerk. You will likely be hurt when they, in fact, are a jerk.
- My Mohter was never there for me. My parents divorced when I was very little and could not remember. So I never expected her to be the mother she never was.
- Once I was accused of trying to get my parents back together. My reply was "Don't you think I realized they got divorced for a reason?"
- I once dated a guy who turned out to be gay. People are often amazed that I would admit this. But I just remind them that "It's not like I had anything to do with it, I just wasn't man enough for him."
- I'm perfectly normal by my own standards... and they change as needed!
- I was born with a happy disposition, I may not always know why... but it works for me!
- If you are any sort of happy with your life right now and you had really bad parents. You cannot hate them 100%, maybe 99.9% but not a full 100% because if nothing else, had it not been for them you would not be here.
- I can grantee you with the utmost certainty that if you never try to do something new you have a 100% chance of never doing it.
- If nobody ever did anything for the 1st time... nothing would ever get done.
- I may be broken, but you can't make a mosaic out of anything that's still in one piece.
- Be true to yourself. Don't change who you are to attract the "right person". It's better to be true than trapped with someone who's in love with who you aren't.
- Fake it till you make it
What this means is if you want to change, change is hard. Change I awkward. Change is vanurable. But the more you do it the more natural it will become.
If you want to change, you have to step out of your comfort zone and create a new one.